At this time of year, I find I am innodated with questions – What’s your resolution? What do you want for the new year? and my (actual) favourite – What’s your why?
The problem is often in advertisements, webinars, online posts and chats with friends, people lace in their family with their own goals.
- I want to get healthy for my kids.
- I want to find more time to spend with my toddler.
- I want WHATEVER because I have kids.
Advertisements specifically play that family card so often, that I find myself thinking that my own reasons may be lacking since I am childfree and my goals are only for ME.
- I don’t want to get healthy for anyone but myself, and the fact that I deserve a healthier, fitter, stronger more energetic life.
- I want to make more money for no one but myself, and maybe, as he’s chosen to be called, Mr. Beard; my husband.
- I want to invite more positivity, love, and happiness in my life because I like how I feel when I shed the negativity.
Are these selfish goals?
Goals should be selfish. They aren’t about what anyone else wants or needs in their lives, they are about what I need, what I want and what I deserve for myself.
So let’s get serious about our 2019 goals for a second. I have several, but today, I will share my health goal.
In 2019, I will get back to my healthy side. For me, this includes getting back the weight I feel most comfortable at since I had slipped into some unproductive habits in the fall/end of the year there, but most importantly, 2019 will find me more active again! I missed my daily walks, my Pilates, my fearlessness at meeting the physical challenges that I grew last year. So to get specific, I will:
- Track my food to help me lose the 15 lbs I gained
- Hit 10,000 steps 5 days a week
- Do Pilates 4 days a week
- Say Yes to challenges
And what’s my why?
- I want to be comfortable again.
- I want to feel proud of myself.
- I want to feel fearless.
Selfish or not, my why is childfree.
Comment below with your 2019 goals! I’d love to hear what is in store for you this year!
If you liked what you read, like the post! Really liked it, hit subscribe. Loved it, tell your friends about us! I love to watch our Kidfree Not Care Free community grow!